Why study Falmouth’s University Online Master’s in Writing for Script and Screen?
Are you looking to study screenwriting online? Look no further than Falmouth University! Falmouth’s online screenwriting course is designed for students interested in writing for film and television. You will learn how to write entertaining and engaging scripts while also acquiring the skills necessary to pitch your ideas and get them produced. Falmouth University offers a Master of Arts degree in Writing for Script and Screen, the first of its kind in the UK.
According to research, Falmouth’s Masters in Writing for Script and Screen has an average employment rate of 96% for its students in its first year. The course will major in writing for film, gaming, and online media, as well as a professional portfolio, to help get you started in your career. It will offer online-based support from our world-renowned faculty, who have worked on some of the most iconic films and television programs of recent years. It is also suitable as a bridge course for students wishing to study it. Here are some interesting factors which make Falmouth the best place to research screenwriting:
- The instructors - Falmouth’s faculty are all working professionals, meaning they can offer you insights that are current and relevant to the industry. Research from the Writers Guild of America says, only 60% of working television writers have a college degree. It is because the industry is constantly changing and evolving, and what worked ten years ago might not work now. It is why it's so important to have a faculty that is up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the industry. With Falmouth, you can be confident that you are getting the most current and relevant information.
- A unique combination of theory and practice - the course is designed to give you a strong foundation in screenwriting while also providing ample opportunity to practice what you have learned. The system is delivered entirely online, meaning you can study from anywhere in the world. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned screenwriter, this course will help you take your writing to the next level. You will have the chance to write and pitch your ideas and receive feedback from your peers and instructors.
- Strong focus on employability - the University’s goal is to make sure its students are not just getting a degree but also acquiring the skills and networks they need to succeed in the industry. This master's degree course will allow you to build an impressive learning experience from award-winning professionals, which will be invaluable when you're ready to enter the job market.
- A global outlook - the screenwriting industry is truly international, and at Falmouth, it is believed it's essential for students to have a global perspective. Falmouth’s online course is designed for students worldwide, and applications from any place in the world interested in writing for film and television are welcomed.
- Flexible study options - understanding that students nowadays have different needs and schedules, Falmouth offers a flexible online course that can be tailored to your individual needs. Whether you're looking to study part-time or full-time, Falmouth has an option that will fit your lifestyle. It includes regular guest lectures, workshops, and master classes from industry professionals.
- Get student benefits - as a Falmouth student, you'll have access to various benefits and services that will help you make the most of your time here. From our on-campus library and 24/7, IT support to our careers service and personal tutor system, we've got everything you need to succeed in your studies.
- Graduation – you’ll graduate with an award equal in title and worth to our on-campus courses. You'll receive the same recognition as our on-campus students, which employers worldwide recognize. Many students study our online courses and go on to find employment in the industry, often some of the biggest names in the business. Also, Falmouth’s graduates have won some most prestigious awards in the screenwriting world, such as BAFTA and the Oscar.
- Networking – this programme will allow you to write for today's market. With Falmouth university online screenwriting together with other like-minded students from around the world, you will share experience, knowledge, and understanding in this dynamic and supportive community. Thanks to this network you will have opportunities to work with some of the biggest names in the industry. Through our partnerships with several leading industry bodies, Falmouth can offer our students unique insights and access to the most prominent names in the business.
- Face-to-face campus experience for those who want it – Falmouth’s online course is designed for students who look for the flexibility to study from anywhere in the world. However, the university also understands that some students prefer the traditional campus experience. For this reason, a range of on-campus facilities and support services are being offered, regardless of where students choose to study.
- Location - Falmouth is located in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Falmouth is a vibrant and historic town located in the southwest of England. It is home to some of the best beaches in the country and is within easy reach of major cities like London, Bristol, and Cardiff. With its mild climate and stunning scenery, it's no wonder it is consistently ranked as one of the best places to stay in the UK. According to the Guardian, Falmouth is "a place where creativity and relaxation go hand in hand."
Online vs. on campus
The online course offers excellent value for money with no extra travel or accommodation costs. It is also more flexible regarding study hours to fit your other commitments. Nowadays a fantastic deal for anyone who wishes to study screenwriting without having to relocate or take time out from work. Falmouth University is the perfect place to study screenwriting providing you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the industry.