1.1 This statement is meant to inform you about the processing of personal data by QUEST FOR EDUCATION B.V. (hereafter: QUEST FOR EDUCATION). QUEST FOR EDUCATION processes personal data in relation to your use of the website: www.findmyprogramme.com (hereafter: the Website), as well as for communication or marketing purposes (including newsletters).
1.2 QUEST FOR EDUCATION is a company which informs prospective students and allows them to compare different schools. Our Website offers a free online tool to find and compare schools and study programme’s that may interest you. Our Website www.findmyprogramme.com is our hope to help prospective students make the right choice for themselves and their future.
1.3 QUEST FOR EDUCATION values your privacy. QUEST FOR EDUCATION could in some cases be the ‘controller’ or the ‘processor’ for the processing of personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation. QUEST FOR EDUCATION is established at: Keizer Karelweg 245 1181 RC AMSTELVEEN. For privacy-related questions or issues, QUEST FOR EDUCATION can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Personal data
2.1 When you visit our Website or otherwise make use of our services the following categories of personal data could be processed:
· First and Last Name
· Name of the school you (intend to) attend
· Your email address
· Your (personal) phone number;
· Your marketing preferences (whether or not you’d like to receive the newsletter or other direct marketing communication);
· Interest shown by you in our products and/or services, or the products and/or services of third parties such as education providers shown on our Website by subscribing to our newsletter and requesting study course information or other information documents;
· Your browsing behaviour on the Website.
· Any other personal data or information which may be disclosed by you to Quest for Education during the use of our Website or other services.
3. Purposes and legal grounds
3.1 We process your personal data for the following purposes:
· Communication between you and QUEST FOR EDUCATION. This may relate either to an existing relationship between you and QUEST FOR EDUCATION, as well as to initial communication with people interested in QUEST FOR EDUCATION its Website or other services delivered by QUEST FOR EDUCATION;
· Carrying out our services. This includes data for contract and Website user management, carrying out of support activities to our Website’s users and requesting licenses for the schools we work with, for their teachers, (prospective) students or other third parties affiliated with them;
· Keeping contact with those who possibly wish to make use of our products and services in the future;
· Sending of newsletters and other communication for commercial purposes about our products and services and related products and services, such as the products and services of schools the user may be interested in;
· Analysing the use of the Website and newsletters, to measure the effectivity of our communication.
3.2 We process personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds:
· Necessary for the performance of a contract with you, if you are party to the contract as a data subject;
· On the basis of a statutory obligation, particularly fiscal obligations of fiscal record keeping;
· Legitimate interest of QUEST FOR EDUCATION;
· In certain cases, we need your consent for processing your personal data. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
4.1 Using cookies, we keep statistics regarding the number of visitors to our Website and which pages are viewed the most. For this purpose, we use tools provided by Google, as part of the “Google Analytics”-service. The information regarding browsing behaviour of our Website’s visitors is stored on servers within in the EU/EER. [A1]
4.2 You can delete the cookies placed by your browser and you can turn off the acceptance of new cookies. The following pages contain more information regarding the steps to do so for several internet browsers: Chrome Internet Explorer Firefox Safari.
5. Storage periods
5.1 QUEST FOR EDUCATION shall not store your personal data for longer periods than necessary for the purposes mentioned in article 2.
5.2 Your personal data may be stored longer in so far this is necessary for complying with Quest for Educations statutory obligations under applicable law, such as fiscal record keeping obligations.
6.1 QUEST FOR EDUCATION may disclose your personal data, if necessary, to the following categories of recipients:
· The school(s) or study programme’s in which you have indicated an interest
· direct marketing companies for facilitating direct marketing mailings;
· ad networks for showing ads on other Website based on your use of the Website;
· Google in relation to the aforementioned Analytics-service.
7.1 QUEST FOR EDUCATION can not only receive personal data from you, other users of our Website or the school you (intend to) attend, but also from a supplier of address lists for direct marketing purposes if you have given permission to be included on such an address list. This supplier is:[A2]
8. Your Rights
8.1 With regard to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to request access to and rectification of your personal data, the right to erasure, data portability, restriction and the right to object to processing. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, the Dutch data protection authority. We will inform you whether your request is granted as soon as possible. With regard to personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have an absolute right to object. This means the direct marketing will cease after you object to this.
8.2 In so far the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This does not have retroactive effect. Withdrawal of consent can lead to QUEST FOR EDUCATION not being able to deliver certain services in whole or in part.
9. Changes to privacy statement
9.1 This privacy statement can be changed or amended. QUEST FOR EDUCATION will publish the most recent version of the statement on the Website.